I can do a beautiful silhouette for you completely by e-mail. Just send me some photographs of the subject’s profile. Send me several and I’ll pick and choose from the lot to get the most accuracy as well as the most pleasing composition.
Here are a few things to keep in mind (Scroll down to see examples):
- Don’t ask the subject to smile. Just allow them to let their lips fall together in a closed but relaxed position. (It is fine for pets to have their mouth open though.
- Ask them to stand tall like a soldier or a ballerina. (Good posture will really compliment the end result.)
- Make sure the background is fairly plain such as a painted wall. If the subject has dark hair, for example, dark areas will merge in the picture and hide all that nice detail I look for so keep that in mind please.
- Pretend you are taking a photo of the inside of their ear – that is the angle needed. Preferably, they will be completely at a 90º angle to you from their head all the way down to their toes – this will ensure that they show off a nice posture.
- If the subject has long hair and it is not pulled up and off the shoulders, then I usually prefer all the length of that hair to fall along their back and not in front of the shoulders where it can hide the detail of their neck and chin.
- For silhouettes of a person walking their dog, just take full length photos of the person’s profile and the dog’s profile separately.
Purchase Standard Head and Should 5×7″ Silhouettes for $35 per subject. Each subject will come with a left and a right silhouette as I fold the paper before cutting. This allows you to have one to keep, one to give. Or, if you are matching older silhouettes on the wall or hanging a few together, having both a left and right allow you to match the same direction or have two facing each other. Extras are $10 each. They are standard 5×7”. I sell a black oval frame with a beaded edge available for $18.
I could write the name below in an elegant handwriting, or I can write the 3 main initials in a beautiful calligraphic, handwritten design, or I can leave it blank with a small PR & year below. There is no extra charge for the name or initials added. Simply specify which subject belongs to which name and I’ll add it.
Now just click here to e-mail me and I will reply as soon as possible.
Please read the notes below of the type of profile photos that won’t work- even if they are all cute as buttons.
Above pics were for head/shoulder silhouettes. Now here are some tips for taking photos for full figure silhouettes!
Full Figure Silhouettes are $45 per child and you’d get one copy of each (unlike head & shoulder’s which give you 2). But you can purchase extras for $20 per extra. Click here to see a full figure silhouette in action.